Friday, June 08, 2012

Journal 1

This is not my first time leaving home and studying alone in a new environment. So it does not bring too much worried to start my new life at NUC. My first class here was bringing me a high expectation to ENG 112. Ms Zadza is a humor lecturer, this is much important to a student that we would not get bored during classes. It means, we could pay fully attention during lecture.

  Our first lesson was studied about critical thinking. We were forming in a group of four members and starting discussion. It was the first experience we work with our new friends. It was a pleasantly team working although our answers was banned by Ms Zadza with lots of funny reasons. The following class was listening skill which was a big challenge to me. I wonder why I can understand what was Ms Zadza talking, but I failed to fill up my answers. There was much difference to listen a conversation from a radio.

  The lesson that I liked the most was Pronunciation. Father, this word I had learned since kindergarten, I do not even know I was wrong in pronunciation for so many years. Even though performing a correct pronunciation was not easy, but I have to overcome this problem to have a better communication skill. We had started our 6th lesson with listen and report. It was not too hard for we were doing in a group. So, we could help each other for the missing points. Yet, unfortunately we have to do individually in the real test for coming days.

   Moreover, I discovered that ENG 112 is always carrying on in groups. My group was gained a assignment about Old Folk’s Home. Ms Zadza was very strict on marking. Our subtopics were keeping banned by her. I am going to against the wall because I really do not understand what the ideal answer is. Maybe I am too dependent, always waiting answers from teacher. The God of Disaster seems unwilling to let us go. Summarizing was really difficult to me. It was a great difference with what I had learned from my high school even STPM. I just realize that MUET is much easier than ENG 112. Thus, I have to study harder and harder to fight for ENG 112. I would not be a loser!!

  In a nutshell, I had gained new knowledge in Eng 112. I really appreciate to Ms Zadza and my group members. I hope our presentation can be carrying out with smoothly and successfully.


(424 words)

0 comment:

Post a Comment